Choosing a Life in Science.
Choosing a Life in Science.
Word count: 3253
Choice count: 98
Section count: 67
Image count: 67
Error count: 0
Field Related Analysis
Education : 193 matches
(achievement, advanced, choice, class, classes, college, compensation, diploma, don, field, first, general, goal, greats, knowledge, learn, learned, management, national, options, primary school, private, professionalism, professor, project, research, reward, school, senior, social, student, taught, teach, teacher, term, test, testing, trainee, training, university, vacation)Science : 92 matches
(Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Lab, Laboratory, Research, Health, Drugs, Civil Engineering, Development, Pharmarcy, Medicine, Life, Findings, Drug, life)Business : 75 matches
(associate, business, company, firm, fund, gain, lead, management, manager, money, mortgage, offer, office, organization, paid, partner, patent, pay, pressure, production, profit, profits, promotion, secretary, sell, senior, share, team, trainee)Target Structure: (60 matches)
abolish (1 match)
alienation (1 match)
bias (1 match)
come in handy (1 match)
compensation (1 match)
cursory (1 match)
dead-end job (1 match)
deter (1 match)
dread (2 matches)
drudgery (1 match)
flirtation (1 match)
foot in the door (1 match)
fulfillment (1 match)
getting sucked up in (1 match)
hinder (1 match)
hr (1 match)
in-depth (1 match)
income (1 match)
ins-and-outs (1 match)
intern (1 match)
internship (1 match)
internships (1 match)
invaluable (1 match)
lack of (1 match)
learn the ropes (1 match)
leave of absence (1 match)
leg work (1 match)
maddening (1 match)
misconduct (2 matches)
more often (1 match)
mortgage (1 match)
office politics (1 match)
ojt (1 match)
overtime (1 match)
overwhelm (1 match)
pension (1 match)
perpetrator (1 match)
premium wage (1 match)
pull off (1 match)
purpose (3 matches)
put aside (1 match)
recipient (1 match)
retirement (3 matches)
set aside (1 match)
sexual harassment (1 match)
straight a's (1 match)
test drive (1 match)
more often than not (1 match)
the drive of work (1 match)
thoroughly (1 match)
though (2 matches)
thoughtful (1 match)
time management (1 match)
trainee (1 match)
undermines (1 match)
vacant positions (1 match)
wage (2 matches)
withholding (1 match)
worthwhile (1 match)
Choosing a Life in Science.
Starting point.
I had just finished college with Straight A's. Science being my chosen field, it was the reward for years of thoughtful effort and sleepless nights. My diploma had been a real challenge, though a greater one still awaited me. Could I pull off a career that would define my life? My dreams always felt cursory, unfinished. It was time to put aside expectations and focus on my possibilities. Should I study health, engineering or in a laboratory?
Choice 1 : Engineering: Building the future.
Choice 2 : Health for a Healthier World.
Choice 3 : Laboratory: Science in Experiment.

Engineering: Building the future.
I chose engineering because there were many opportunities and great longevity in the field. Above all, I had always wanted to be come in handy and be useful, and engineering is all about that. Plus, I'll have to do on-the-job training and probably start as an intern, which will serve as a perfect test drive for my future career.
Choice 1 : Civil Engineering.
Choice 2 : Electrical Engineering.
Choice 3 : Mechanical Engineering.
Health for a Healthier World.
Health cares goal is to save lives, so it was a worthwhile choice. There are many vacant positions due to the lack of personnel, so I will have plenty of options after finishing my studies. OJT and internships are inevitable, but they are mostly paid and allow me to gain experience and learn the ropes.
Choice 1 : General Medicine.
Choice 2 : Pharmacy.
Choice 3 : Specialized Medicine.
Laboratory: Science in Experiment.
Laboratories had always been a passion for me. I might have a small bias since my dad works in this area. With him, I've seen all the ins-and-outs of the jobs in-depth. Plus, I've already put a foot in the door by observing is work many times. Should I focus on medical research, environmental science, or biotechnology?
Choice 1 : Biotechnology.
Choice 2 : Environmental Science.
Choice 3 : Medical Research.
Civil Engineering.
I became a civil engineer! I can plan and design infrastructure such as buildings, roads, and bridges. As a trainee, I even designed a bridge, which I see as my greatest fulfillment. This achievement truly paid off, as many employers wanted to hire me. Should I work for a large engineering firm or for a small municipality?
Choice 1 : Choosing the Firm life.
Choice 2 : Career in the Municipality.
Electrical Engineering.
I chose electrical engineering as it promised big money, but the work was maddening. Halfway through, I even wanted to set aside the program and start a new one. Yet, I became graduated an electrical engineer, standing between two choice: should I create my own electrical company or work for someone else?
Choice 1 : Create my own Electrical Company.
Choice 2 : Work for Someone Else.
Mechanical Engineering.
I hated mechanical engineering. The classes were boring and too hard ; It was a drudgery! Until ... I found the love of my life. She's in mechanical engineering too, and she loved it. So, I pretended to love it as well and manage to finish the program. It has been two years since we knew each other, and I wonder, should do it. Should I ask her to be with me?
Choice 1 : Ask her out.
Choice 2 : Don't ask her.
Choosing the Firm life.
Working for this large firm was amazing! Every year, they gave me a compensation pack as it was a leg work kinds of job. I had a premium wage, and was building a good pension. My luck was invaluable as I was the recipient of worker of the year. They gave it to me for my great time management and my professionalism. I believed I could ask for a promotion. Should I ask to get promoted?
Choice 1 : Ask.
Choice 2 : Don't ask.
Career in the Municipality.
Should I quit this job? I had won the lottery. What was the purpose of staying there? I had really won. It was a ticket my friend gave me for my birthday and I won. I saw it on the ticket, it said ten million dollars. So, should I quit?
Choice 1 : Quit my job.
Choice 2 : Don't Quit my job.
Create my own Electrical Company.
Oh! Working on this company project was too thoroughly, and I decided to abolish it. Bigger companies constantly deter me, and I became overwhelm. I was working overtime without getting any wage, and withholding kept rising. This electrical life wasn't for me. Should I go back to college or try to sell the company?
Choice 1 : Sell the Company.
Choice 2 : Go Back to College.
Work for Someone Else.
It was a dead-end job. Ten years have passed, and I haven't progressed at all. Work was boring more often than not, and I felt a deep sense of alienation from others. HR didn't really care about my situation, and it undermines me. I didn't really have the drive of work anymore ... Should I quit my job or stay, like I always have?
Choice 1 : Stay.
Choice 2 : Leave.
Ask her out.
She said yes! But this was five years ago. We now have two kids and a dog. We're living a lovely life, slowly paying off our mortgage. Our incomes are greats, and we are taking leave of absence for vacation whenever we wanted to. Should I ask her to marry me?
Choice 1 : Ask her to Marry me.
Choice 2 : Don't ask her.
Don't ask her.
I should have asked her out! I believe I will never find love again. It's been three years since I've seen her, yet she still misses me. Some girls at work have tried flirtation with me, but I don't want anyone else. One of them even sat on my lap. I believed this misconduct is sexual harassment. Should I tell my boss she is a perpetrator and that she breaks office politics?
Choice 1 : Don't Tell my Boss.
Choice 2 : Tell my Boss.
Ask.
I became a manager in the company. After years of effort and doubt, they were finally planning to give me a raise. I had the job I had always dreamed of.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Don't ask.
After 30 years, I finally took my retirement. I was never promoted, and I still regret never asking for it. I could have become a senior manager, but it felt like I never advanced. Finally, I retired.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Quit my job.
It was a fake ticket. My friend played a dirty joke on me, and I ended up with no job. The girl I loved left me as I didn't have any income anymore. I could only dread what was coming next. My life was ruined.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Don't Quit my job.
Lucky me, it was a fake ticket! I kept my job and I'm now planning my retirement. I even planned to play the same joke to my friend.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Stay.
"He died by electrocuted. After working there as an electrical engineer for 30 years, a malfunction took his life. We will miss him "
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Leave.
I left my job 5 years ago and became a manager at a startup business. Life was great and I was living my best.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Go Back to College.
I decided to go back to college. It wasn't easy starting over, but I wanted a fresh start and a career that truly matched who I was. I knew this was my chance to rebuild my future. I am going in health care.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Sell the Company.
I decided to sell the company. It was time to move on. The experience had taught me more than any class and with the money I earned, I planned to start a new chapter. I will become a manager.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Ask her to Marry me.
She said yes. It was unreal. We married a year later and built a wonderful life laughing, having long deep conversation and realizing our dreams. We bought a big house and started our own engineering firm. Being together was the best thing that could have happened. I knew I made the right choice.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Don't ask her.
I broke up with her. I began to dread the distance growing between us. She was getting sucked up in her new job, and it started to hinder our relationship. Eventually, she thought we were going nowhere and cheated on me with one of her coworkers.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Don't Tell my Boss.
I chose not to tell my boss. Weeks later, I learned she had started a relationship with my boss. I feared the worst, but surprisingly, she said good thing about me. She told his I deserved more recognition for my hard work. A month later, I got promoted. Staying silent was the best thing that could have happened.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Tell my Boss.
I decided to tell my boss about the misconduct. As I spoke, he was getting furious. Later, I learned he was in a relationship with her. Soon after, I was quietly pushed aside. So, I was fearing losing my position.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
General Medicine.
I became a general doctor. I wanted to understand every system of the human body. I remember the night in my internship, when I saved a child from an allergic reaction. This moment reminded me why I chose this path, science saves life. First, I needed to decide: should I work in a large hospital or a small clinic?
Choice 1 : Small Hospital.
Choice 2 : Large Hospital.
Pharmacy.
I chose pharmacy, where chemistry met medicine. I wanted to create formulas that eased pain where no drugs had helped before. Science gave me purpose and hope. Now, I must choose between doing research in a hospital or creating my own pharmacy?
Choice 1 : Do Research.
Choice 2 : Create my own Pharmacy.
Specialized Medicine.
I became a neurologist, fascinated by the human brain. Did you know that patient can regained speech after months of silence? My passion became my purpose. Now, should I work for the public sector or in a private institution?
Choice 1 : Private Sector.
Choice 2 : Public Sector.
Stay at the Village.
I stayed and became the village doctor. I was treating everyone. Each smile reminded me why I chose medicine. I was truly happy. And, to my surprise, I found my future wife in the village.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Large Hospital.
I chose to work in a large hospital. Every day was a test of skill an endurance. The thrill of saving lives was addictive, yet I wondered about the long-term path. Should I focus on the emergency rooms or become a family doctor?
Choice 1 : Emergency Rooms.
Choice 2 : Family Doctor.
Small Hospital.
I chose to work in a small hospital, far from the city. Patients knew me by name, and our relationships were personal. Yet, the days were calm, almost too calm. Should I stay and embrace village life or return to a big hospital for more action?
Choice 1 : Stay at the Village.
Choice 2 : Return to Big Hospital.
Return to Big Hospital.
I returned to a big hospital, craving for bigger challenges. Though, the pace was relentless, emergencies nonstop. Plus, I missed the personal connections I left behind, yet I knew I had to endure this crazy lifestyle.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Emergency Rooms.
I decided to work in the emergency rooms, where every second mattered. The pace was intense. I saved lives, but the stress was brutal. I couldn't endure this lifestyle anymore. I was getting sick, sicker than the patient.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Family Doctor.
I became a family doctor, seeing generations of the same families grow. The work was steady and personal. By the age of 45, I retired, fulfilled by a life well-lived. I retire with a dream, I wanted to travel the world.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Do Research.
I had been working on the same project for years, testing formulas. I wanted to lead a project of my own and create a new life-saving drug. Should I ask My supervisor for the lead?
Choice 1 : Ask my Supervisor.
Choice 2 : Don't ask him.
Ask my Supervisor.
I asked my supervisor and he agreed. Months of experiments followed, and we succeed. Our new drug saved countless lives.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Don't ask him.
I stayed silent. Weeks later, someone else took over the project and presented the idea as their own. My chances to save lives was stolen.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Create my own Pharmacy.
I had opened my own pharmacy, and business was going very well. Patients were trusting me. Still, I needed money to expand. Should I gamble all I had or bring in a partner?
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Gamble.
I took a risky chance and won just what I needed. The expansion went smoothly, and my pharmacy grew. I opened five pharmacy before retirement.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Bring in an Associate.
I chose a partner to fund the expansion. It seemed promising, but he betrayed me, taking control of the business and leaving me empty-handed.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Private Sector.
I chose the private sector. Patients trusted my expertise, and every success felt rewarding. Yet, I was facing a decision: should I found my own clinic or continue as a private physician?
Choice 1 : Found my Clinic.
Choice 2 : Continue as Private Physician.
Found my Clinic.
I founded my own clinic, and it was challenging. Along the way, I fell in love with my secretary, and we married. Together, we built a life if success, love, and happiness.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Continue as Private Physician.
I stayed as a private physician, earning more than I ever imagined. Il was a daily challenge, but life felt lonely. I had wealth but personal connection remained absent.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Public Sector.
I chose to work in the public sector, treating patients from all walks of life. Yet the long hours and constant pressure weighed on me. Should I stay or leave for the private sector?
Choice 1 : Leave for Private.
Choice 2 : Stay.
Leave for Private.
I decided to leave for the private sector. It was the best decision of my career. Abundant resources, grateful patients, and more free time. Pay check were also generous, and allowed me to live a pleasant life.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Stay.
I stayed in the public sector, but the stress grew unbearable. Endless hours and piles up emergencies. Burnout crept in. I couldn't continue, so I left and focuses on social well-being, helping the community.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Medical Research.
I stated working on medical research, testing new treatments. One day, I discovered a drug with a healing potential. Should I publish my findings immediately or keep testing for a while?
Choice 1 : Publish Immediately.
Choice 2 : Keep Testing.
Publish Immediately.
I published too soon and my credibility was questioned. In fact, the result couldn't be replicated. Should I risk it all and try again?
Choice 1 : Retry.
Choice 2 : Leave Research.
Keep Testing.
I continued testing for months. When I finally published, the results were solid. Some called me a hero as the treatment saved lives. Should I start leading my own lab or join a research team?
Choice 1 : Lead my own lab.
Choice 2 : Join International Team.
Retry.
I restarted everything, including calculation and testing. Years later, it paid off, my new study succeeded, and I became a respected researcher.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Leave Research.
I left the lab for good. I became a teacher in a primary school. There were a lot less of pressure which was perfect for me.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Lead my own lab.
I opened my own laboratory. Working with young scientists, we discovered new treatments. This new treatment was revolutionary, and I received a Nobel Prize for it. I became a star in the science world.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Join International Team.
I joined an organization. The pace was extreme, but I contribute finding new treatments. My name appeared as one of the greatest scientists.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Environmental Science.
I joined an environmental lab to study the impact of pollution. After years of research, I had to choose: should I work for a private company or stay independent?
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Join Private Company.
I accepted the offer for bigger funding. Soon, my reports were altered by the company to hide real data. I couldn't handle it. Should I exposed the company or stay quiet?
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Expose the Company.
I exposed the company's manipulation. Media went wild, and the company fired me. Soon after, she did a bankruptcy, and I returned to my independence.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Stay Quiet.
I stayed quiet. The guilt followed me. I realized it was a mistake. I am now teaching young scientist about integrity.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Stay Independent.
I kept my integrity. Having less funding, progress was slow. Yet, my findings led to new laws protecting natural resources. Should I move into politics for bigger change or continue as a researcher?
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Move Into Politics.
I became the minister of environment. My knowledge shaped national policy. I believed I change the nation.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Continue Research.
I stayed in the lab. My discoveries didn't make headlines, and I haven't been able to make the changes I've always wanted to make.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Biotechnology.
I went in biotechnology. One day, my team engineered a new strain that could revolutionize agriculture. Should I patent the idea or share it freely to every one?
Choice 1 : Patent it.
Choice 2 : Share it Freely.
Patent it.
I patented the innovation and money followed, yet I felt horrible. Should I invest profits into humanitarian projects or should I expand my empire?
Choice 1 : Invest in Humanity.
Choice 2 : Expand Empire.
Share it Freely.
I shared the discovery openly. Others built on it, and soon the global food production improved. Should I start a foundation to continue the research or should I become a teacher, a passion I've always had?
Choice 1 : Start a Foundation.
Choice 2 : Go Teach.
Invest in Humanity.
I used my profits to develop vaccines and food programs in poor regions. Science finally served people, and I felt amazing!
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Expand Empire.
I expanded my company, chasing success. Within years, I became one of the richest scientists alive, but also one of the loneliest.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Start a Foundation.
I created a non-profit research foundation. I worked. Scientists united to make innovation accessible to all.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Go Teach.
I became a university professor, passing my passion to the next generation. Watching my student became my greatest pride.
Choice 1 : Starting point.
Comments
Post a Comment